help in same window + colorful help + Blümchen

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: help in same window + colorful help + Blümchen
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 00:47:54 +0200

Question: Can I have help open help not in the other
window but always in the window from which it is
invoked, and not changing the window configuration
apart from obviously showing the help buffer?

Remark: In the recent thread about the possible
colorization of help buffers, the notion appeared that
~"you don't need syntax highlight because it is not
code". Here I disagree completely. There are tons of
things which aren't code, but is still structured and/or
contain distinct elements of data that fall into
categories (e.g., paths, links, definitions, and so
on), and thus are benefited from colorization just
as well.

Here is a dump [1] that shows a man page, and
Emacs-w3m showing some files in a directory. Do I feel
confident not having those colors and still maintain
the level of readability, or actually the ability to
not have to read, but still get the info across?
I think not!

In a help buffer, there are many things that can be
highlighted - keys, for starters. Actually the man
pages are a good example - tho there are what I can
find only three faces (Man-overstrike, Man-underline,
and Man-reverse) that could be expanded as well
because the underlying groff has much more than the
.BR, .I, and whatever you put to get Man-reverse.
But only those two (three) make a huge difference, as
that dump shows.

I don't understand why Emacs is so dull and boring to
begin with. I spent so much time making it colorful,
which I sure don't complain about since I enjoyed it
as much as any hacker would - it is just I have
a feeling perhaps not everyone would take it upon
themselves to do that. But are them folks dull and
boring, then? Probably not!

You know what I'm saying? This is what Emacs should
look like:

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=cgurWBvJbac

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/colors.png

--