RE: Delete Help Window - restore window config

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Delete Help Window - restore window config
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 07:04:08 -0800 (PST)

> > Example : I have 'Control-C i' as a keybinding prefix, I can't
> > remember all of the functions bound to that prefix.
> >
> > I press 'Control-C i Control h' and I get a help window. After
> > refreshing my memory, I want to restore the window arrangement that
> > existed previous to the display of the help window.
>
> You can try 'guide-key' (https://github.com/kai2nenobu/guide-key) package
> instead of "keybinding prefix C-h".

Icicles key completion provides help similar to what `guide-key'
provides (or the opposite ;-)).  It lets you complete key sequences
to invoke their commands.

All you do, in any top-level context, is hit `S-TAB' to see
the possible completions, in the current context, of whatever
prefix keys you have typed so far, or all available keys, if
you have not typed any keys yet.

In the minibuffer, the key-completion key is `M-S-TAB'.
(In the minibuffer, `S-TAB' performs completion of your
ordinary minibuffer input.)

The completion candidates in buffer *Completions* show the keys
you can hit to complete the prefix key(s) hit so far.  Each such
completion candidate shows the key followed by the command it
is bound to.

You can even navigate the menu-bar menus using "key" completion.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Key_Completion