Re: Recent Emacs doesn't respect my mailcap

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Recent Emacs doesn't respect my mailcap
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:17:09 +0100

On Tue, Jan 27 2015, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> Maybe mailcap-mime-data should have an implicit USER-SET/PRIORITY flag
>> that is added to entries read from user-mailcaps.  These could then be
>> preferred by `mailcap-viewer-lessp'.  Would that solution work?
>
> I though the first viable viewer in the list would be used?  So the
> priority is how it's ordered...

No, that's the problem: the viewer is picked by ordering them using
`mailcap-viewer-lessp`, and that function is giving preference to
elisp-based viewer over any other, no matter in which order they were
read.  IMHO, that's a bug.

Cheers,
jao
--
I took a speed reading course and read War and Peace in twenty
minutes. It involves Russia. -Woody Allen