Re: url-retrieve-synchronously results differ from curl

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: url-retrieve-synchronously results differ from curl
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 00:41:12 -0200

Upon further (much much further) investigation, it seems that nothing
in the url package could cause this specific behavior. Still, I see
many places where the package will silently bug if the user downcases
the "get" method (and a couple other methods). Given that
`url-request-method' makes no mention of that, I think the following
would be worthy patches (and I'm willing to write them if people
agree):

1. Document in `url-request-method' that method names are uppercase
strings (the current version doesn't even say they are strings).
2. Warn the user (with a message?) in `url-retrieve-internal' if the
above variable is dynamically bound to a lowercase string.