1. Trouble changing colors of ansi-term (zsh) in Emacs......and 2. Why a

From: Chris Seberino
Subject: 1. Trouble changing colors of ansi-term (zsh) in Emacs......and 2. Why ansi-term (zsh) in Emacs not same colors as zsh outside of Emacs?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 16:16:26 -0800 (PST)

The colors of zsh inside of Emacs are not the same as in zsh outside of Emacs.
I tried adding following to .emacs just to see if stuff would be red to no
effect...

(setq ansi-color-names-vector
       ["red" "red" "red" "red" "red" "red" "red" "red"])
     (setq ansi-color-map (ansi-color-make-color-map))

Why does it matter?
zsh has a soft blue color for directories, but when inside of Emacs, it has a
blaring dark blue that is painful on the eyes.  If I could just change that one
color I'd be happy.

I have Emacs 24.3 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks!

Chris