extension to mouse capabilities within xterm TTY frame

From: Olaf Rogalsky
Subject: extension to mouse capabilities within xterm TTY frame
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 18:35:29 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to bring to your attention two extensions I wrote, relating
the mouse support, when used inside a xterm TTY frame.

1) a replacement for the official xt-mouse.el:

   https://github.com/olaf-rogalsky/xt-mouse

   The official xterm-mouse-mode does not highlight the selection during
   mouse dragging. This version creates mouse-movement events while
   dragging the mouse. A direct visual feedback of the selected text is
   given.

2) a minor mode, which enables access to the X11 clipboard/selection
   from within xterm:

   https://github.com/olaf-rogalsky/xterm-clip

   This extension is very similar to xclip.el from Leo Shidai Liu. But
   instead of using an external program to access the clipboard, this
   code uses xterm control sequences.

   Advantages: no external programm needed, no access to X11-server via
   DISPLAY variable is neccessary.

Comments are welcome.

Regards,
Olaf