Re: PSGML broken? (Yes, but fixed.)

From: Ulrich Deiters
Subject: Re: PSGML broken? (Yes, but fixed.)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 12:30:39 +0100

Dear Florian,

thank you for your advice. But I am an Emacs newbie - just trying to
migrate from XEmacs, as that is not working anymore with the latest
openSUSE distribution. You have to be a little bit more specific.

- I found the marmalade repository and added it to the Emacs
repositories. What must I do next? "M-x list-packages" does not
show anything that looks related to SGML.

- I looked up the github page: Nice, but what am I supposed to
do there? The link to the lysator website is dead.

Regards,

Ulrich

P.S.: I have been using XEmacs in SGML mode for composing texts - from
letters to a textbook. I wrote my own DTDs for that, and a program that
converts XML/SGML to LaTeX. I am rather dismayed to find that XEmacs
crashes, that Emacs cannot enter PSGML mode (at least for me), that
jEdit's XML parser is faulty, and that the other XML editors I looked
up do not accept external DTDs.

--
Institut f. Physikalische Chemie \ Luxemburger Str. 116, D-50939 Koeln