Re: Suite of Color Themes for console

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: Re: Suite of Color Themes for console
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:43:12 -0400

I believe there is some important distinction between custom themes and
color themes (although I can't recall what it is). My setup is below
(collected from various sources like the wiki - I don't claim any credit).
I think this is the "wrapper" you're looking for.

  (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path
               (file-name-as-directory
"/home/jacob/.emacs.d/replace-colorthemes"))

  ;; Cycle through this set of themes
  (setq my-themes '(robin-hood charcoal-black classic dark-blue desert))

  (setq my-cur-theme nil)
  (defun cycle-my-theme ()
    "Cycle through a list of themes, my-themes"
    (interactive)
    (when my-cur-theme
      (disable-theme my-cur-theme)
      (setq my-themes (append my-themes (list my-cur-theme))))
    (setq my-cur-theme (pop my-themes))
    (load-theme my-cur-theme t))

  ;; Switch to the first theme in the list above
  (cycle-my-theme)
  (global-set-key (kbd "C-t") 'cycle-my-theme)

The first theme in "my-themes" will be loaded on startup, and you can bind
cycling (as I have to C-t) to make it quick and easy.