Re: Emacs for Windows

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Emacs for Windows
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 19:58:38 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> From: David Engster <deng@randomsample.de>
>> Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 19:19:49 +0200
>>
>> Yes, and good dependency management through a package manager could
>> avoid such problems.
>
> Only if the two teams (MSYS and Msysgit) cooperate with one another, I
> think.  Otherwise, it would be very hard to solve this problem.

I'd be surprised if the MsysGit guys wouldn't be happy to concentrate on
Git instead of the environment it needs. Just look at issues like

https://github.com/msysgit/msysgit/issues/31

regarding the ancient OpenSSH version that ships with MsysGit. There
simply is no one who actually likes to deal with building this stuff.

-David