RE: Autocomplete for Objective-C

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: Autocomplete for Objective-C
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:52:40 +0000

If you use tags, then M-/ (dabbrev-expand) may just do what you want without
anything new.

I don't know if the etags that is delivered with emacs supports Objective C,
but Exuberant Ctags (http://ctags.sourceforge.net/) is very flexible. While it
does not claim to support Objective C, it can be extended for new languages via
regular expressions. I use something like the following to get support for a
somewhat obscure language called Passport:

etags --langdef=pl --regex-pl="/procedure[[:blank:]]+([_[:alnum:]]+)/\1/"
--language-force=pl

,Douglas
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224

Of course, shells have one feature that no other language has: subshells.