Re: beginner questions

From: JohnF
Subject: Re: beginner questions
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 07:44:52 +0000 (UTC)

Doug Lewan <dougl@shubertticketing.com> wrote:
> There's also the emacs reference card (which, of course,
> overlaps greatly with the cheat sheet).
 For those not following earlier posts,
 the cheat sheet previously recommended by Pascal is,
    http://cs.iupui.edu/~kweimer/EmacsCheatSheet.pdf
> It [the refcard] can be found in
> /usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc for any "official" installation.
> Otherwise, look for the etc/ directory under the value of
> the `installation-directory' variable.  ,Douglas

Thanks Doug, found it under ...etc/refcards/refcard.pdf
And it's indeed also a great resource I'd missed myself
(embarrassingly missed, since it's right there and
you'd think I'd have found it pretty trivially).
Funny how some of the things in that refcards/ directory,
like survival.tex, only have the .tex source, but not
a "compiled" .pdf (and pdflatex seems to have some little
problems with it on my slackware 14.0 default install).
  I'd incorporated some of Pascal's remarks and some of
the EmacsCheatSheet.pdf into my own forkosh.com/emacs.txt ,
but hadn't found some things like "goto line  M-g g"
that the refcard contains and that I'd been looking for.
--
John Forkosh  ( mailto:  j@f.com  where j=john and f=forkosh )