Re: transition to package.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: transition to package.el
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:00:43 +0200

Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> writes:

>>> yasnippet.el (the version I have) does (require 'assoc)
>>
>> Then you are using an old version.  Neither the bleeding edge one in
>> its git repository nor the currently released version in ELPA require
>> assoc anymore.
>
> Yes.  That wasn't my original question.  I want to change to using
> package.el to help with issues like this.  My original email was
> asking if anyone had any suggestions / advice about how to do this
> transition.

Well, I don't think there's a "business migration strategie" for that,
and neither is it needed.  I'd just delete the old yasnippet from my
.emacs.d/, delete the relevant load-path adjustment from my .emacs (if
there is one), install yasnippet from ELPA, and restart emacs to check
if it still works.  If so, start over with the next package.

Bye,
Tassilo