Re: Unable to Jump to a File/Directory Register

From: Eric James Michael Ritz
Subject: Re: Unable to Jump to a File/Directory Register
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 03:17:10 -0400

Thank you for the quick response.

On 08/14/2013 02:59 AM, Drew Adams wrote:
> I don't see what you see - it works fine for me.  Do you see this if
> you start from `emacs -Q' (no init file)?

No.  But by using `emacs -Q` I have to call `set-register` manually
before I can see if `C-x r j f` does what I want.  That works, but it
always works if I run `(set-register ?s '(file . "~/.config/fish/"))`
explicitly.  That makes me think that you are probably correct then
that something else in my init file is causing a problem.

> If so, load library `register.el' (yes, include the `.el' when you
> use `load-library'). The do `M-x debug-on-entry jump-to-register'
> and the walk through the debugger (using `d') to see what
> happens. Before doing that show file register.el in another window
> or frame so you can easi,ly follow where the debugger is in the code.

Thank you for the `M-x debug-on-entry jump-to-register` suggestion.
That should be quite useful.

> (If I had to guess, it would be that you are not starting from
> `emacs -Q' and something in your init file or code it loads is
> messing things up.)

Just curious, off the top of your head have you heard of any
third-party packages that cause problems or conflicts with registers?

--
ejmr :: http://ericjmritz.wordpress.com/
南無妙法蓮華經