Re: Tips for quick jumping back and forth

From: rusi
Subject: Re: Tips for quick jumping back and forth
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 20:47:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 8, 8:31 am, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:28 AM, C K Kashyap <ckkash...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would then have to switch to the other windows before making it the only
> > one - right? Some extra key strokes seem to be involved.
>
> C-x 0 - delete current window

Or C-x 1
You need to play with C-x {2,3,1,0}
Then get them into your fingers (spine actually) so you can forget
about it

I used to do C-x 2 C-x 3 C-x 2 C-x 3 and frighten my students -  20
years ago we only had ttys and this was more unexpected
I mention this because after that the different utility of 0 and 1
will be more apparent