Re: debugging bash script in emacs using bashdb

From: zackp
Subject: Re: debugging bash script in emacs using bashdb
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 11:42:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rocky,

> I have updated that install script to also install test-simple now.  I'm
> sorry for the breakage.

Many thanks for the quick help!  May I remind you that you updated the
following:

https://raw.github.com/rocky/emacs-dbgr/master/install-from-git.sh

but the snippet in the section The full instructions is still missing
the test-simple.  Should I open an Issue there as reminder, or this
follow-up is sufficient for you?

> The longer story is that I've been converting tests that validate emacs-dbgr
> to use a much simpler test framework. I'm in the middle of converting the
> tests. As I rarely get feedback on emacs-dbgr I tend to lose site that anyone
> other than myself might be using it let alone installing it for the first
> time.

It's a pity that to many people, their way of debugging bash/sh script
is still the -v option!  They are missing bashdb big time!

> By the way, I think test-simple is cool. My epiphany on this came from a
> little talk I gavehttp://rocky.github.com/NYC-Lisp-Elisp-talkwhere I realized
> that needed too many slide to describe how to write tests.

Definitely will check it out.  Last night, I switched to Emacs 24 on
this notebook running Ubuntu 11.04.  So far so good. bashdb runs fine
happily so far.

Best Regards, and have a great weekend,

Zack