Re: improve your spell checking in emacs

From: Chiron
Subject: Re: improve your spell checking in emacs
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:41:56 GMT

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 00:17:37 -0500, Tami wrote:

<snip>
> THe entire process took over 90 minutes total and revealed to me how
> TERRIBLY inadequate the spellchecker dictionaries are.

Google itself is pretty good with helping you find words you don't know
how to spell.  I've seldom had to search very hard when I just enter the
word (spelled as I think it *might* be) and let Google figure out which
one I was hoping for.  When it does, it then usually lists wiktionary or
wikipedia as among the first links.

I'm quite sure there are some collaborative spelling lists out there.  In
fact, I seem to recall something called the "moby" whatever; I guess
"moby" signifies huge size, like Moby Dick.  Whatever...

--
Blessed is he who expects no gratitude, for he shall not be disappointed.
                -- W. C. Bennett