RE: why alias man to woman doesn't work?

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: why alias man to woman doesn't work?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:02:55 +0000

I think you understand. That's exactly why emacs has (eval-after-load).
I just brought up a bare emacs and (length features) => 87.
Those are overwhelmingly the "compiled in" features.

If you run temacs you can see it loading them.
It will give you a real appreciation for the cost of loading packages.
Start up of emacs -nw is almost instantaneous;
by my count, start up of temacs took about 7 seconds.