Re: F2

From: TheFlyingDutchman
Subject: Re: F2
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:39:00 -0800 (PST)

> I don't know that you have to get rid of anything.
> This works as an override for me:
>
> (define-key global-map [(f2)] 'next-error)
>
> Emacs 23.2.1.

Thanks for the reply.

I was using
(global-set-key (kbd "<f2>") 'my-elisp-command)

I don't know if that works differently than define-key.

Anyway, I used your command and it worked as desired - pressing F2
executed "next-error".
Then I used global-set-key to set F2 to "previous-error" and it also
worked.
Then I executed the initial command I was using and couldn't get to
work with 1 F2 press and it also worked??? Oh well, case solved, at
least for this instantiation of Emacs (also 23.2.1).