Re: can TRAMP save files asynchronously?

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: can TRAMP save files asynchronously?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:58:01 -0800

On Jan 20, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Terrence Brannon wrote:

i have a slow SSH connection and hate waiting while TRAMP writes te
remote file... of course I'm glad that I have TRAMP at all :)

but anyway to get asynchronous saves?
Not that I know of, but you might try out the rsync method, which saves quite a bit faster than SSH. It's based on SSH, so it works the same, just saves faster.

 - Ian