Re: Copy Paste in no-x11 mode (emacs -nw)

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Copy Paste in no-x11 mode (emacs -nw)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:58:45 +0200

"Simeon Nifos" <archwndas@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Hiding the toolbar and menubar were the first things I did.
>
> Can you tell us how?

in my .emacs:

(unless (eq system-type 'darwin)
  (menu-bar-mode 0))
(tool-bar-mode 0)

> Moreover, could you please tell us how to move the border up or down,
> left or right separating the 2 windows the original window is splitted
> to when one presses C-x 2, or C-x 3?

shrink-window, shrink-window-horizontally, enlarge-window and
enlarge-window-horizontally

But since I can never remember their keys, I actually use the following:

(defvar window-resize-mode-map
  (let ((keymap (make-sparse-keymap)))
    (define-key keymap "\C-p" 'shrink-window)
    (define-key keymap "\C-b" 'shrink-window-horizontally)
    (define-key keymap "\C-n" 'enlarge-window)
    (define-key keymap "\C-f" 'enlarge-window-horizontally)
    (define-key keymap "\C-c\C-c" 'window-resize-mode)
    (define-key keymap "q" 'window-resize-mode)
    keymap))

(define-minor-mode window-resize-mode
  "Interactively resize the window using text-movement commands."
  nil "resize " window-resize-mode-map
  :global t)

After C-x2, you can also drag the mode line with the mouse.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher