Web Page Visualization in w3m

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: Web Page Visualization in w3m
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:15:24 +0200

Dear All,
I am learning how to use w3m in Emacs to surf the web. In most of the
cases it works nicely, but for some specific web pages, certain bits
are not visualized at all.
For instance, consider:

https://ert.cern.ch/browse_www/wd_pds?p_web_site_id=1

where I cannot "see" at all the login to e-RT link.
I am also experiencing problems with pages like:

http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/337/description#description

where I get a message telling me that scripting should be enabled in my browser.

How can I overcome these difficulties?
I should say I am not a lisp expert and that I assembled my .emacs
file gathering pieces from the net.
See below the part of my .emacs file dealing with w3m:

;; w3m initialization

;;(setq w3m-home-page "about:")

 (custom-set-variables
      '(w3m-default-display-inline-images t)
      '(w3m-display-inline-image t)
      '(w3m-home-page "about:")
      '(w3m-key-binding (quote info))
      '(w3m-view-this-url-new-session-in-background t))

Many thanks

Lorenzo