Re: How to auto hide all functions when open a source file

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: How to auto hide all functions when open a source file
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 21:52:23 +0100

Ke Lu wrote:
Hi,

I use emacs to edit c/c++/java/php files.
Is there any way to auto hide all functions when I open  a source file.
For example,It hope it looks like
Class XXX {
   var v1 = "a";
   var v2 = "b";

   function f1 ..
   function f2 ..

}
I would like it can automatic be done,not by  hs-hide-block,etc.

Adding this code snippit to your .emacs .

(add-hook 'hs-minor-mode-hook '(lambda () (hs-hide-all)))

will do an auto hs-hide-all when you open a file that uses hs-minor-mode.
However, it will also hide the classes' bodies, as well as any inline code.

There might be a way to stop the hiding of the bodies, but I'm not sure what it
is.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller