Re: Emacs bindings in other programs

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: Emacs bindings in other programs
Date: 31 Oct 2007 08:47:45 +0100

John <jmg3000@gmail.com> writes:

> I know what you mean. Frequently I go from Emacs to, say, Firefox, and
> accidentally hit Emacs keys causing FF to try and print pages, open
> new windows, select all, and so on.

What happens to me all the time is that I hit C-x b and expect emacs switch to
the dvi or pdf viewer, or konqueror or whatever, or, if in such an application,
switch back to emacs...

I'd really love to see my x-applications "live" in an emacs buffer, but I was
told that that's difficult.  On the other hand, I saw such an item on the emacs
ToDo list, so maybe there is hope.

Martin