Re: how to keep .emacs files in synch

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: Re: how to keep .emacs files in synch
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:03:46 +0200

kj schrieb:
> I regularly work on various systems, and it's a bit of a chore to
> keep my .emacs files in synch.  I've tried various approaches, none
> entirely satisfactory.  The two issues that give me the most
> headaches are 1) to automate the process whereby changes to one
> system's .emacs file gets reflected on the .emacs files on other
> systems; and 2) to manage those modifications that are applicable
> to only one or a subset of the systems.
>
> I'd be interested to read how others solve this problem.
>
> Thanks!
>
> kj

I use subversion to sync (and backup!) all emacs related config files.

I also have an automatic "save files and checkin" procedure - started on my
office pc after I left
work to be sure I can checkout the latest files at home.

In my .emacs file I switch configs depending on the hostname of the machine I
am working on.
My goal is to have one single .emacs file for all platforms.

rainer