RE: mthesaur v synonyms

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: mthesaur v synonyms
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:50:06 -0700

> > IOW, the binding is made only if _both_
> > `icicle-bind-top-level-commands-flag' is non-nil and `icicle-kmacro' is
> > defined (which it is, for Emacs 22).
> >
> > If you customize `icicle-bind-top-level-commands-flag' to nil,
> > f5 should not be rebound. Again, if you find a bug, please report
> > it, starting with "emacs -Q", via `icicle-send-bug-report'. Thanks.
>
> It's not a bug customising it doesn't work since the
> customization is at the
> end the .emacs the menu/keybinding code is called before the
> customization variable is set.

I think you're saying that there is no bug and things work OK for you now.

> This worked for me:
>
> ,----
> | (setq icicle-bind-top-level-commands-flag nil)
> | (require 'icicles)
> | (icy-mode)
> `----

It should also work to use Customize. That is:

  M-x customize-option icicle-bind-top-level-commands-flag

Customize is your friend, in general. For one thing, it does type-checking
of the values you assign to options.

> thanks for your help - Icicles is growing on me. Gives me a tingly feeling
> about just how powerful my emacs setup is getting now.

Emacs is awesome. But don't forget to go outdoors once in a while; exercise
and sun are good for you too ;-).