Re: tooltip of dictionary.el in Emacs 23

From: Xingang Zhang
Subject: Re: tooltip of dictionary.el in Emacs 23
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:31:39 -0600

Just found out a work-around at gmane.emacs.pretest.bugs.

Below is the message I cut from there. thanks Nick Roberts for his
insights.
-------------------------------------------------------X
You can get it to work as before by using:

  (defun my-tooltip-mode (&optional arg)
       ;; [snip]
       (gud-tooltip-mode 1)
        ^^^

Just modify the original dictionary.el. Search for the (tooltip-mode 1)
lines and replace with the above codes. I found and replaced two
cases. Also, don't forget to add the "(require 'gud)" to the
file. Now, everything back to work, temporarily. The problem with this
work around is obvious, I lost all the normal tool-tip from the menu
and mode-line. But it's ok.

If you have a better solution, please let me know. thanks again.