Timezone change in US

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Timezone change in US
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:31:35 -0500

Well, it looks like I'm the first one on the list with this...

Now that the US has shifted into Daylight Savings, I've discovered
that emacs is still displaying DST in the modeline.

My OS (Windows XP) has updated currectly. The shell from which I
launch emacs (tcsh) has the correct time, and my TZ environement
variable in the shell correctly reflects the new timezone
(TZ=EST5EDT4,M3.2.0/2,M11.1.0/2)

I've possibly tracked the problem to an incorrect value returned by
the function current-time-zone, which is defined in the file
editfns.c. It is returning a value of -18000 EST, but it should be
-14400 EDT. This is defined in the file editfns.c

Does anybody have a patch for this, or is there something simple and
obvious I'm missing.

- Chris

--
     (.   .)