Re: Need help customizing "TAB" for HTML

From: Angela Bellavance
Subject: Re: Need help customizing "TAB" for HTML
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:39:26 -0600

That would be wonderful! Is there any way I can add the functionality to my current version of emacs (since I do not have permission to update the entire thing)?

Thanks,
Angela

Stefan Monnier wrote:
I am using emacs to create HTML documents and am getting frustrated with the
default settings for TAB. When I type TAB to indent a line, it always seems
to add at least two spaces more than the indent on the previous line. This
occurs even when the previous line contains only one tag that does not have
a matching closing tag. I would prefer that TAB would line up under the
start of the previous line unless I have left a tag open. Ideally this would
happen even if I manually adjust where the previous line is indented to.

I believe that the HTML mode in Emacs-CVS (expected to become Emacs-22) does
just that.

        Stefan