Need an enabler for a bad habit.

From: William Case
Subject: Need an enabler for a bad habit.
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:59:28 -0500

Hi;

Is there a way to click on the mini-buffer or use a shortcut key so that
my cursor is placed in the mini-buffer before I begin to type a command?

I know, I know.  There is no need.  I can just start to type my command
and it will automatically appear in the mini-buffer.  This has to do
with my own uncorrectable bad habit, not necessity.

The mini-buffer looks and feels like a command line.  I have the habit
of wanting to click on it before typing a command.  If I am not paying
attention to my actions, but rather thinking about something one the
screen, I keep clicking and clicking.  Of course, nothing happens.

After 2 1/2 years of not being able to kick the habit, is there a way I
can set up my emacs to show a blinking cursor in the mini-buffer and be
done with it?

--
Regards Bill