Re: emacs-21.4a.tar

From: Arun kumar
Subject: Re: emacs-21.4a.tar
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 17:17:46 +0530

I downloaded emacs again and unpacked the tar.. now ./config is working fine. But after make install, i saw some problems. i followed the following steps

1) ./configure  (worked fine)
2 ) make         (compiled fine)
3) make install ( permission denied ..)
    Permission denied for some files...
so i entered as Super User..
and again i executed "make install"  but the error is

"make: command not found"

But i can see the MakeFile there , but why make install is not executed in SU mode..

Regards
arun.c

On 9/1/06, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:34:43 +0530
> From: "Arun kumar" < arun.chellam@gmail.com>
>
>   I downloaded the emacs-21.4, untared it nad tried to configure by using $
> ./configure.But i got the below error"*configure: error: can not find
> sources in . or .." *
> . Plz let me know about it ..

It looks for the file src/lisp.h.  Do you have it?  If not, something
went wrong during unpacking.

If the file src/lisp.h does exist, try this command instead:

  /path/to/emacs-dir/configure --srcdir=/path/to/emacs-dir

where /path/to/emacs-dir is the absolute file name of the directory
created by unpacking the Emacs distribution.

If that doesn't work either, post here the contents of the file
config.log.