Re: swaping buffers

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: swaping buffers
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:35:58 -0700

dydimustk wrote:
I want to be able to quickly swap between the two open buffers I am
working on, while keeping the screen dimensions. I usually keep a
little buffer open at the bottom of the screen with erc running, and
I'm working in the top part.

____________
|                          |
|                          |
|                          |

I want to be able to just swap the top and bottom buffer, while keeping
the screen layout the same. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Window configurations record which buffer is displayed in each window,
so I think you need to explicitly save each configuration.  See the
Saving Window Configurations in Registers node of the Emacs manual,
which also describes how to restore a saved configuration.

--
Kevin Rodgers