Re: Another rookie question dired and deleting files

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: Another rookie question dired and deleting files
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 07:11:42 -0600

"billy" <bp1497@att.com> writes:

> Ive looked through my Emacs handbook and found where I can mark files
> for deletion.  Question now is how to get it to actually delete them.
> I used 'd' to mark them and I know 'D' will delete a file immediately.

IIRC, 'd' marks files for deletion, but does not actually delete them.
'x' performs the action.  think of it as x-ecute.

For more info on dired, in a very concise form, while in a dired buffer
type C-h m.  Think of this as help for mode.  It works in all buffers
and will show you the active commands.  Switch to the help buffer and
use C-s to search for a word that you think will get you the info you
need.

rdc

Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Q:      Why did the chicken cross the road?