Re: Turn off password prompting on specific buffer

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Turn off password prompting on specific buffer
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:36:22 -0700

gamename wrote:
How do I turn off "comint-watch-for-password-prompt" on a particular
buffer?  I'm testing apps in a shell buffer which uses the "password:"
string.  This confuses comint.

In that buffer, remove comint-watch-for-password-prompt from the buffer
local comint-output-filter-functions abnormal hook:

(remove-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions
             'comint-watch-for-password-prompt
t) ; this makes the hook buffer-local, and modifies the local value

--
Kevin Rodgers