ediff: ability to resynch would be *NEATO*

From: David Combs
Subject: ediff: ability to resynch would be *NEATO*
Date: 21 Feb 2005 18:46:27 -0500

Sometimes ediff (diff?) gets confused, and thereafter never
gets back in synch; ie, is mismatching what it's comparing.

But suppose *I* know where (one point in A, another in B)
they're back in sync.

I'd sure like to set the two "points" (in buf A and in B) to those
places, and then say to ediff, "resynch!", and it re-runs itself,
starting afresh from *those* two places.

Sure, I *could* just narrow each buffer to from its "resynch-point" to
the end, and then ediff that.

One problem with that is that I can't see the entire thing.

write-out those two regions -- HEY, can ediff work on
a narrowed region?