Re: CPerl behaves differently on XP in 21.3 and 21.3.50.1

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: CPerl behaves differently on XP in 21.3 and 21.3.50.1
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:10:32 +0100

Ekkehard Goerlach <ekkehard.goerlach@pharma.novartis.com> writes:

> Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:
>
>> Are you sure you're using the same cperl-mode.el in both versions of
>> Emacs?  Emacs comes with cperl-mode.el.
>>
>> M-x locate-library RET can help you find out.
>>

> Hmmm, yes both use the same cperl-mode.elc. I even recompiled it under
> the newer Emacs. May be there is sth underneath cperl what is
> different.

Hm.  It is also possible that cperl-mode.el is loaded earlier than you
think.  I guess you have some spot in ~/.emacs where you set up
cperl-mode, and where you frob load-path.  Just before that spot, you
could try this:

(when (featurep 'cperl-mode)
  (error "cperl-mode already loaded"))

Then start Emacs again and see whether it issues that error.

Kai