Re: Wait for a specific command call

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Wait for a specific command call
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:13:46 +0100

Matthias <cimosque@free.fr> writes:

> In other words, my initial question was: how to make
> desktop-save-query-function select the *Buffer List* buffer and exit
> (returning true) when the user quit its window (by pressing the `q'
> key or using the mouse)?

Define a variable desktops-saved that is normally nil.

Have desktop-save-query-function look at desktops-saved.  If it is
nil, then invoke list-desktop-buffers and return nil.

Bind a function to q that will set desktops-saved to t before invoking
save-buffers-kill-emacs.

Have desktop-save-query-function look at desktops-saved.  If it is t,
then do nothing and return t.

Would this work?

Kai