Re: Emacs crashes when I open a .cpp.file

From: William Payne
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes when I open a .cpp.file
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:24:37 +0200

"Alan Mackenzie" <acm@muc.de> wrote in message 2suifc.n7.ln@acm.acm">news:2suifc.n7.ln@acm.acm...
> William Payne <mikas493_no_spam@student.liu.se> wrote on Wed, 11 Aug 2004
> 22:40:51 +0200:
>
>> Hello, emacs crashes when I open a cpp-file (haven't tried with any other
>> files that trigger my c++ language hook). The following message is
>> displayed
>> in the console:
>> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
>> way.
>> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>
>> [1]+  Exit 3                  emacs read_directory.cpp
>
>> I thought that it might be a problem with CC-Mode so I installed the
>> latest
>> stable version (5.30.9), but Emacs still crashes. Is there anything I can
>> do
>> to track down and maybe solve/work around this error?
>
>> I am using the developement version of Emacs, just checked out from the
>> CVS.
>
> CC Mode 5.30.9 is a stable release version, but it's only just been
> released in the last few days, so there might conceivably be a problem
> with it.
>
> Could you possibly try the thing again with a stable Emacs (say, 21.3)?
> That would at least narrow down where the problem is.
>
> Bear in mind that the latest Emacs CVS is not intended to be a stable
> production program.
>
>> / WP
>
> --
> Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
> Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter
> (like "aa"), remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

Thanks for the reply, Alan. I noticed in the CVS that it's using 5.30.9 of
CCMode too. I have been checking out the CVS sources once day but it still
crashes when it tries to load CCMode. I will try later with an older version
of CCMode (5.30.8) and on the latest stable version of emacs as you
suggested. I know this last question isn't emacs-related but do you know how
I can check the date and time of the latest checkin to the emacs cvs
sources?

/ WP