Re: C-f, C-b, C-n and C-p or right, left, down, up? - OT now

From: Daniel B.
Subject: Re: C-f, C-b, C-n and C-p or right, left, down, up? - OT now
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:16:00 -0400

Barry Margolin wrote:

> I've heard it claimed that the average man has sexual thoughts every six
> seconds.  What fun the world will be if we ever get direct neural
> interfaces really working....

But how on earth would they measure something like that accurately?

Telling someone to press a button every time they had a particular
kind of thought would skew things by making them think about what
they were supposed to be monitoring.

I wonder if some kind of random-time sampling works.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
dsb@smart.net