Re: C-f, C-b, C-n and C-p or right, left, down, up?

From: Noufal Ibrahim
Subject: Re: C-f, C-b, C-n and C-p or right, left, down, up?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:13:47 +0530

brakjoller@hotmail.com (Barman Brakjoller) writes:

[...]

> Is it worth it? I'm using Emacs on w32 and Linux and are quite happy
> with my arrow keys, but the argument above about not having to move
> away from the main part of the keyboard sounds logical.

[...]

Once you use any set of keys long enough with a program, they'll become
automatic and you won't actually think about them anymore.

It makes sense to choose a set of keys that's quick and convenient so
that you'll get used to something good. Using F9,F10,F11,F2 to move
around would work too once you get used to it but it's intrinsically
slower. In that respect, I'd reccommed using the emacs default
bindings. I find them very convenient and quick.

However, a lot of other apps use the cursor keys to move around so the
inconsistency might get annoying.

Just my 0.2$.

--
~noufal

It's hard to drive at the limit, but it's harder to know where the limits are.
                -- Stirling Moss