Re: How make vc-diff and vc-revert-buffer NOT ask to save files but do i

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How make vc-diff and vc-revert-buffer NOT ask to save files but do it automatically?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:42:16 -0600

Christian Seberino wrote:

I tried to wrap your code into my vc-diff wrapper and got an error message...

   (defun cs-vc-diff() (interactive)
      (let ((unread-command-events '(?y ?e ?s)))
         (vc-diff)) ; (call-interactively 'vc-diff)?
   )

Here is the error message...

let: Wrong number of arguments: #[(historic &optional not-urgent) ....etc.

Why do you refuse to type `C-h f vc-diff'?

| vc-diff is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `vc'.
| (vc-diff HISTORIC &optional NOT-URGENT)
|
| Display diffs between file versions.
| Normally this compares the current file and buffer with the most
| recent checked in version of that file.  This uses no arguments.  With
| a prefix argument HISTORIC, it reads the file name to use and two
| version designators specifying which versions to compare.  The
| optional argument NOT-URGENT non-nil means it is ok to say no to
| saving the buffer.

So you probably want to run (vc-diff nil).

--
Kevin Rodgers