Re: [NEWBIE] Error - Search for program: no such file or directory, ls

From: Robert Pollard
Subject: Re: [NEWBIE] Error - Search for program: no such file or directory, ls
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:55:21 -0700

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your time. I just have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

My path is set to the where the ls program is located. I found this by using "which ls" and it located it in /bin. This path is defined in my PATH variable. So what is broken that prevent EMacs from finding the program? If ls-lisp.el is not loaded does it use file.el instead to find the programs?

Thanks for your valuable time,

Robert Pollard