Re: multilingual text in frame

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: multilingual text in frame
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:35:36 +0100

Phillip Lord <p.lord@russet.org.uk> writes:

> But here I am stymied. Although Emacs can display text such as "?Qui
> es esto?" in the buffer fine, it has a much harder time in the frame,
> and appears to chop everything off, after the strange character.

Are you running Emacs under X11?  If so, what's your locale?

I can display Latin-1 (my locale) characters in the frame title just
fine.  But characters from other charsets don't work.

I haven't tried, but I suspect that if I changed my locale to, say,
Greek then Greek characters would work.

There's also an X resource, 'titleEncoding', which is supposed to say
which encoding is used in the title -- but Emacs seems to ignore that.