Re: problem in pasting from an X-application into emacs 21

From: Howard E. Haber
Subject: Re: problem in pasting from an X-application into emacs 21
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:10:01 GMT

The behavior I find is most strange.  I did a little experiment with both
emacs 19 and emacs 21 running side by side.  The emacs 19 behaves completely
as expected but the emacs 21 exhibits the problem mentioned in my original
message.  In BOTH emacs 19 and emacs 21, the values of the variables below
were (when checked with C-h v):

interprogram-cut-function:  x-select-text
interprogram-paste-function: x-cut-buffers-or-selection-value

My experiment was as follows.  First type in some text in the emacs window.
Then, cut the text (highlight text with mouse and then C-w).  Finally,
attempt to paste from another program (netscape in this case).  In emacs 19,
the netscape text pasted fine.  In emacs 21, what was pasted was the text
previously cut with C-w.

Why is this happening?