help-global

gtags alternate file extension

From: jack sparrow
Subject: gtags alternate file extension
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:33:15 +0530

Hi,
> i am running gtags - GNU GLOBAL 5.9.7.
> my project tree contains files with extensions .alt,
> it contains c code, only the extension is different.
> how can i make gtags recognize these files.

You can do it by adding '.alt' to the value of langmap in the configuration
file like follows:

:langmap=c\:.c.h,yacc\:...

:langmap=c\:.c.h.alt,yacc\:...
               ====
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3

hi, i tried adding alt in my .globalrc file, it still isn't working.

#gtags --config langmap
:suffixes=s,a,sa,asm,C,H,cpp,cxx,hxx,hpp,cc,c,h,alt,y,py,pyw:skip=GPATH,GTAGS,GRTAGS,GSYMS,HTML/,HTML.pub/,html/,tags,TAGS,ID,y.tab.c,y.tab.h,.notfunction,cscope.out,.gdbinit,SCCS/,RCS/,CVS/,CVSRO:

globalrc:

default:\
       :tc=global_tags:

global_tags:\
    :suffixes=s,a,sa,asm,C,H,cpp,cxx,hxx,hpp,cc,c,h,alt,y,py,pyw:\
    :skip=GPATH,GTAGS,GRTAGS,GSYMS,HTML/,HTML.pub/,html/,tags,TAGS,ID,y.tab.c,y.tab.h,.notfunction,cscope.out,.gdbinit,SCCS/,RCS/,CVS/,CVSROOT/,{arch}/,.svn/,.git/,.cvsrc,.cvsignore,.gitignore,.
cvspass,.cvswrappers,.deps/,autom4te.cache/,.snprj/,.hg/,.hgignore,.hgtags,.bzr/:\
    :GTAGS=python_global_tags.py %s: \
    :GRTAGS=gtags-parser -dtr %s:\
    :GSYMS=gtags-parser -dts %s: