help-global

No anchors generated by Win32 htags 6.1

From: David Chodorow
Subject: No anchors generated by Win32 htags 6.1
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:37:06 -0800 (PST)

I installed the binaries for the Win32 port of Global 6.1 on my currently
patched, 64-bit, Windows 7 system.  I ran it against the source for
GNU Make 3.80 using the following commands:
    gtags
    htags -nsF
No complaints and no crashes.  However, when viewing the HTML result in
Firefox 9.0.1, I saw that no anchors were created for anything except
for the #include file references.  I got frames and source code
and line numbers, but no anchors.

Trying to dig a little, I ran "gtags -d" against GTAGS and GRTAGS
and grep'ed for the symbol "execute_file_commands".  This is a function
defined in file "commands.c" at line 354.  I saw these results:
GTAGS:
    execute_file_commands   13 @n 354 @n (file)
GRTAGS:
    execute_file_commands   152 @n 1052
    execute_file_commands   14 @n 39

Any idea what's going on (or not)?

I hope this isn't just carelessness on my part.  I did read the output
of the --help option on both tools, but not in great detail.  No options
jumped out at me as being needed other than what I actually used.

Thank you.