help-global

hlsearch support in vim

From: John Bent
Subject: hlsearch support in vim
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:00:51 -0500 (CDT)

hlsearch is a vim command that turns on highlighting of all occurrences of
the last search pattern.

Is there anyway that :Gtags commands could set the target string to be the
last search pattern such that vim's hlsearch would be set for them?

For example, in vim, when my cursor is on some variable foo, I can hit
'gd' which makes '<foo>' be the current search pattern, highlights all
occurences (if I have hlsearch set), and repositions my cursor on the
local declaration of variable foo.  I have set the map for Ctrl-] to use
Gtags such that when my cursor is on some function foo, I can hit Ctrl-]
and vim will reposition my cursor on the implementation of function foo.
But it does not set '<foo>' to be the current search pattern and thus foo
will not be highlighted.

Thanks,

John