help-global

GLOBAL with gvim

From: Rohit S
Subject: GLOBAL with gvim
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:26:46 -0700

Hi,

I work on Win2000 and use cygwin and gvim extensively. I have been using global
and it's very handy.

However, the problem I often face is that when I start a gvim window and want
to grep for function references, global require the gvim window to be opened
from cygwin from the dir where it's database (GRTAGS/GPATH/..) is created. This
get's problematic.

Is there some way I can overcome this so that I open any file from the explorer
and then use gtags for function reference ?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rohit.