help-global

Re: htags problem (Cygwin)

From: Shigio Yamaguchi
Subject: Re: htags problem (Cygwin)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:02:02 +0900

Hi,
> After running 'gtags' I am trying to run 'htags' and I am getting following
> error (Global 4.3) :
>
> $ htags -fFnvat "Welcome to DSPro 4.2 source tour"
> [Mon Feb 04 11:49:18  2002] Htags started
> [Mon Feb 04 11:49:18  2002] (#) checking tag files ...
> htags: GTAGS is not the latest one. Please remake it.
>
> address@hidden /f/nai/src/SnifferPro4.2

It seems that at least, one of source files have wrong timestamp.
(Maybe, it belongs to the future.)

Htags checks whether or not all source files are older than GTAGS,
because newer timestamp means that the files are modified by someone
after the time that GTAGS was created.

If you cannot fix the timestamp then you can remove the checking by
rewriting htags itself like this:

[htags]
        &'error("GTAGS is not the latest one. Please remake it.");

#       &'error("GTAGS is not the latest one. Please remake it.");

('#' means comment.)
--
Shigio Yamaguchi - Tama Communications Corporation