help-debbugs

Re: Emacs 26 not response in shell mode

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Emacs 26 not response in shell mode
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 11:34:42 -0600

alexei28 wrote:
> Hi!

Hello! :-)

> 10.   As result Emacs not response any more. Show progress bar forever.
> Nothing help. Only kill Emacs process from Task Manager
> Why this is happened?

You have written to the debbugs maintainers not the emacs
maintainers.  Which means that we have no idea.

Please report this to the emacs project.  The usual advice from the
emacs team is to use the emacs M-x report-emacs-bug command from
within emacs to send in bug reports.  Here is documentation:

  https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsBugs
  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Bugs.html#Bugs

In any case mailing to address@hidden is the much better
address than here as that will reach the emacs developers.

> Screenshot in attachment.

A big image!  Please do not send large images to the mailing lists.
It really hurts our network bandwidth when expanded to a large number
of subscribers.  Also most developers prefer to see the plain text
which can be searched.  It isn't possible to search images.

Instead it is always better to cut and past the text as plain text
into the email message.  Cutting and pasting the text of the message
is the best way to send that text.

Thanks! :-)
Bob