help-debbugs

Re: Add or change "List-Id" tag

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Add or change "List-Id" tag
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 14:22:04 -0400

Ulf Zibis wrote:

> please add or change "List-Id" tag in mailings.

I don't think that is desirable (or possible). All debbugs does it
resend the messages to the relevant list, so they would overwrite any
change we made anyway.

> Currently it is "bug-coreutils.gnu.org" which results in posting to
> address@hidden instead address@hidden or address@hidden
> when using the "Answer to list" function of mail clients e.g.
> Thunderbird.

That's fine. Everything will still work as it should. It's an expected
mode of operation.

(IMO one should never use "reply to list" on GNU lists, but rather
"reply to all". There should be no expectation that anyone is subscribed.)